egcs and gcc-c++

While I was playing with building some of the bleeding edge KDE
components, I discovered that some of them require egcs to build.

Question: should we consider moving to egcs *for C++ apps* ?

Since I know precious little about compilers, I'll put the question to the
experts ...

Roberto, any ideas ? is egcs conspicuously  better as a C++ compiler  ?

And how usable are the koffice components at this stage on linux ?

The thing is that if we build this, we need to switch to egcs AFAIK. It's
probably not worth switching just for this, but if there are further
benefits of switching, then it might be a good move.

--
Donovan Rebbechi <elflord@pegasus.rutgers.edu>
http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/