Re: Kernel 2.2.2, include?

On 23 Feb 1999 jfm2@club-internet.fr wrote:

> Going kernel 2.2.2 means a not negligible work load: there are several

I know Red Hat recently provided several packages for upgrading 5.2 to use
2.2 kernels. Maybe there's more to it than just updating those packages.

> A thing we could do is put in the "additionals" directory a kit for
> upgrading to 2.2 but unless we get a volunteer for doing it (hint,
> hint :-) we don't have enough manpower to spare for putting 2.2 in the
> distrib proper.  It hurts badly.  :-(

This sounds like a good plan to me.

By the way, have any CD vendors expressed any interest?

Yesterday, I sent in my order for Debian 2.1 CDs (soon available).
I wouldn't mind having Indy CDs, too.
(I'm not bothering with easyLinux, at least not now.)

Eddie Maddox
emaddox@sihope.com