Re: Fwd: PIGLET: Red Hat Linux Beta Release Available Now!

----- Original Message -----
From: David Webster <cog@seul.org>
To: <independence-l@seul.org>
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2000 11:43 AM
Subject: Re: Fwd: PIGLET: Red Hat Linux Beta Release Available Now!

> On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, R.G. Mayhue wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, JF Martinez wrote:
> > >
> > > Here we have a strategic choice in front of us.  Hurry to release Indy
> > > 6.1 or start working on 6.2 basing on the beta so we can, hopefully,
> > > release just after RedHat.
> > >
> > > Opinions?
> > >
> > How much of Indy's current base would need to be updated?
> >
> > If we can manage to get all of the new features added and be able to
> > get Indy released at about the same time RH 6.2 goes to it's release we
> > will be not looked at as "old". I say go for it if time permits.
>
> I agree with that.
>
> Since we're based on another distro, we're always going to be slightly
> behind them. If we can work off the beta, then well only be a small
> distance behind, not a whole release.
>
> But that does obviously depend on the time/work factor.

I think you guys will always be playing catchup if you don't release.
Independence is runned by a small man team that needs to get bigger if Indy
is to make a big impact.  A release is needed so you can attract developers
to make the time between redhats release and independence smaller.  Just my
two cents though I think it would be cool to base it off 6.2

~Jon