Re: Fwd: PIGLET: Red Hat Linux Beta Release Available Now!

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, R.G. Mayhue wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, JF Martinez wrote:
> >
> > Here we have a strategic choice in front of us.  Hurry to release Indy
> > 6.1 or start working on 6.2 basing on the beta so we can, hopefully,
> > release just after RedHat.
> >
> > Opinions?
> >
> How much of Indy's current base would need to be updated?
>
> If we can manage to get all of the new features added and be able to
> get Indy released at about the same time RH 6.2 goes to it's release we
> will be not looked at as "old". I say go for it if time permits.

I agree with that.

Since we're based on another distro, we're always going to be slightly
behind them. If we can work off the beta, then well only be a small
distance behind, not a whole release.

But that does obviously depend on the time/work factor.

David
--
David Webster |   cognite.net    | Project Independence Linux, Security:
cog@seul.org  | cogito, ergo sum | http://independence.seul.org/security/