Re: About democracy was Re: Organizing for 6.2

In a message dated 2/16/2000 10:25:03 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Paul.Newman@pgen.com writes:

<< It doesnt need to install from windows. If the CD is bootable that is
surely the
 simplest thing there could be! Instructions: turn computer off, put cd in cd
rom
 drive, turn computer on.  >>

The problem with this statement is, what if the user's computer doesn't have
the BIOS set to boot off of the cd?  I know that the standard boot sequence
is A then C with an option to boot off the cd that you have to manually set.
Do we really want the user to screw around with BIOS settings?  I think that
we should have a Windows Autorun feature on the cd that allows the user to
view the documentation which tells them that if the cd doesn't boot, to make
startup disks by clicking this button <insert button here :-) >      That
would probably be the safest and easiest way to handle things.

Max DiOrio
mcdiorio@buffalo.edu
romulus15@aol.com