Subject: Re: Gcc Problems??
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 22:34:45 +0100
From: "Martin v. Loewis" <martin@loewis.home.cs.tu-berlin.de>

> 1) Is Gcc 2.95.2 (Linux Intel) ready for prime time?  Alan Cox says it
> has some serious bugs.

Did Alan Cox ever say what these bugs are?

> 2)  Is it safe to use it to recompile the 2.2 Linux kernel?

I haven't tried in a while, but in my experience, the 2.2 Linux kernel
always crashed when compiled with gcc 2.95 (it would not
boot). However, I'm not sure whose fault that is.

> 3) Is it safe to use the -mpentium -mpentiumpro flags?

Yes, it should be.

> 4) Is it living its last days?

Do you mean: Is the World coming to an End? I don't know :-)
I really don't understand this question.

Regards,
Martin