Re: Fwd: Re: Need help for the Gcc problem

> > 1) Is Gcc 2.95.2 (Linux Intel) ready for prime time?  Alan Cox says it
> > has some serious bugs.
>
> Did Alan Cox ever say what these bugs are?

Yes but I don't remember.  He told it was a relatively common
sequence.

> > 2)  Is it safe to use it to recompile the 2.2 Linux kernel?
>
> I haven't tried in a while, but in my experience, the 2.2 Linux kernel
> always crashed when compiled with gcc 2.95 (it would not
> boot). However, I'm not sure whose fault that is.

With 2.95.2 (notice the .2) it worked fine for me at compiling 2.2.13
(i686 monoprocessor) and using -m486

> > 3) Is it safe to use the -mpentium -mpentiumpro flags?
>
> Yes, it should be.
>
> > 4) Is it living its last days?
>
> Do you mean: Is the World coming to an End? I don't know :-)
> I really don't understand this question.

Is 2.95.3 on the verge of being released?

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org