Re: Additionals directory

Kevin Forge wrote:

> jfm2@club-internet.fr wrote:
> >
> Of note these new RPMs seam to have been "borrowed" from Mandrake
> ( It's only fare IMHO :).  As such they include a "kde" script
> which should start KDE once it's typed ( Didn't work because it
> just says 'exec startkde' ).  A working version would be good.
> Also there is the 'kdm_on' and 'kdm_off' scripts that do what they
> say.

Thought about it for a few minutes and this "kde" script should work.

##
mv ~/.xinitrc ~/.xinitrc.bak
cp $KDEDIR/bin/.xinitrc ~/
startx
pause 20 seconds ## I can't remember what command dose this
mv ~/.xinitrc.bak ~/.xinitrc
##

Then again it's probably crap, but you get the idea.
It's untested and just mearly demonstraights the concept.
is there a way to override an existing ~/.xinitrc without
moving it ?