Re: Additionals directory

> Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 23:22:54 -0500
> From: Kevin Forge <forgeltd@usa.net>
> Sender: owner-independence-l@independence.seul.org
>
> Kevin Forge wrote:
> >
> > jfm2@club-internet.fr wrote:
> > >
> > Of note these new RPMs seam to have been "borrowed" from Mandrake
> > ( It's only fare IMHO :).  As such they include a "kde" script
> > which should start KDE once it's typed ( Didn't work because it
> > just says 'exec startkde' ).  A working version would be good.
> > Also there is the 'kdm_on' and 'kdm_off' scripts that do what they
> > say.

I didn't said that.  You said that.

> Thought about it for a few minutes and this "kde" script should work.
>
> ##
> mv ~/.xinitrc ~/.xinitrc.bak
> cp $KDEDIR/bin/.xinitrc ~/
> startx
> pause 20 seconds ## I can't remember what command dose this
> mv ~/.xinitrc.bak ~/.xinitrc
> ##

But in Independencence version of startx you get automatic start of
KDE if it is installed and in addition automatic use of resources for
toolkits like neXtaw and in addition automatic use of special fonts
and font servers.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org