Re: A pre-pre-pre-pre...release

> JF Martinez wrote:
>
> > There is a release of Indy in
> > ftp://belegost.seul.org/independence/Indy-6.2build/CD1
> >
> > It is a developpers release completely untested.
> >
> > There will be a new release in a couple of weeks
> >
> > --
> >                         Jean Francois Martinez
> >
> > Project Independence: Linux for the Masses
> > http://www.independence.seul.org
>
> Can't wait!!!!!!!!!  Ya no awanto!
> Scott Nimtz
> www.excelir.com/scottstuff

Don't have excessive expectations.  This release has only two plusses
respective to RedHat: first it ensures that when a developer builds a
package under Indy it will run far faster than the RedHat original
(non rebuilt packages will also get a speed bonus through the
recompiling key libraries).  The other plus is that if you want to
exert your artistic talents you can do it with Blender and a far later
and greater Gimp than the RedHat original.

Following release will aim to replace part of the things we have to
replace for leagal reasons (like the logos), a LILO who tells you how
to get out of trouble and, I hope, Gnome 1.2 plus some more artistic
software like Sketch or Sound Studio.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org