Fwd: suggestion

I haven't answered this one. Somebody might want to.

--Roger

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 15:48:34 +0800
To: seul@seul.org
Subject: Suggsetion !

Hi !

Your Idea of a user  linux is great, it deserve's 100% support  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I downloaded  the boot image disks  but they have the same problems as the Red Hat disks.

Suggsetion  :

1)  make the download feature avaliable via MODEM , most Windoze user don't know what's a network card but
all of them have a MODEM.

      Windows uses the following  setup terms

                         IOPort                    : COM1 / COM2  and so on
                         MODEM Speed     : xxxxxx
	         flow control            : hardware / software
                         Provider Phone Nr :
                         login name             :
                         Pass Word             :
                         ftp address             :

     these terms  normal Windoze users understand.

2)  it seems there is a bug in  Red Hat's network card dedection program , I am using currently Debian and have no
problems in dedecting NE-2000 compatible but Red Hat can't dedect these cards, not in autodedect and not if you
set IO and IRQ.

People are scared away when they try to install and use linux, but the problem start already at this point.

Regards

Frank

------- End of Forwarded Message