Re: Fwd: suggestion

I can't answer the modem part and I haven't got networking set up yet but I have an NE-2000 compatible NIC on my one
machine and I know that it is autodetected in the boot process, without setting IO and IRQ.

Brian Wiens

Roger Dingledine wrote:

> 2)  it seems there is a bug in  Red Hat's network card dedection program , I am using currently Debian and have no
> problems in dedecting NE-2000 compatible but Red Hat can't dedect these cards, not in autodedect and not if you
> set IO and IRQ.
>
> People are scared away when they try to install and use linux, but the problem start already at this point.

I agree, the install has to be clean and error free, to the greatest extent possible.
begin:vcard
n:Wiens@Algonquin;Brian
tel;work:(613) 727-4723 ext. 5799
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Algonquin ITS;IVR Project
version:2.1
email;internet:wiensb@algonquinc.on.ca
title:Project Manager
adr;quoted-printable:;;Algonquin College=0D=0A1385 Woodroffe Avenue;Nepean;ON;K2G 1V8;Canada
x-mozilla-cpt:;-1
fn:Brian Wiens
end:vcard