Creative Labs+ Mpeg decoding

I have heard of Creative Labs releasing drivers for DVDs under Linux.
Licensed under GPL.  Could someone investigate what we woumd have to
do for adding them to Indy.  Personally I would kill (processes) for
that kind of thing in Indy.

Second: This afternoon I saw someone watching an Mpeg movie under
Windows.  It was full screen and animation was fluid but when trying
to view it under Linux using aktion on identical hardware I was only
able to get a stamp sized image, under 1 frame per second and in
addition parts of the image were not displayed in order to avoid
unsyncing.  This was on a 400 Mhz Pentium II.  In other words "aktion'
is very bad propaganda for Linux at least when viewing mpeg files.

I have heard lokigames (www.lokigames.com) has a _far_ better Mpeg
viewer and that this available under GPL.  More exactly I have seen
the initial sequence of Myth II and it was as fast and good quality
as Windows Mpeg players.  We really need it in the distribution so I
would need someone checking the licensing isues and in cases it is
distributable than retrieve it from Lokigames site and either
packaging it or at least testing it and then letting it in
ftp://ftp.seul.org/independence/incoming for packaging by someone else.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org