Re: truetype

> Den man, 08 nov 1999 skrev du:
> > On Sun, 7 Nov 1999, Birger Langkjer wrote:
> >
> > > I asked a long time ago how to use truetype fonts under X. I finally found the
> > > answer: You have to use 'ttmkfdir -o fonts.dir' and then add the folder to
> > > fontpath. Doh! It's so simple but I'm amazed it's so poorly documented! man xfs
> > > gives absolutely no clue, I had to find this information on the web.
> >
> > The xfstt docs explain everything you need to know.
>
> It's not xfstt, it's the xfsft server that comes with/is incorporated with
> Redhat: http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/home/jec/programs/xfsft/
> xfstt is rather difficult to set up, I think. I've had lots of problems with
> it. You have to mess with /etc/rc.d/init.d, runlevels and what not. The
> fontserver that comes with redhat works right out of the box. That's why I'm so
> frustrated because I've waisted so much time on getting xfstt to work. Besides,
> is xfstt even supported anymore? I know for a fact that xfsft is the
> implementation that XFree86 has decided upon.

No.  It was very easy to set ip in Indy 5.2-0.1 (Phoenix).  More
exctly it was transparent.  But I dropped it when I learned RedHat
would ship with another TT server due to xfstt not being very stable
and there was little point in using a different TT font server.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org