Re: A couple ideas

> > > belegost is now running RH6.0 (2.2.10ac12-smp). It's modified a lot, but
> > > should still be recognizable.
> >
> > Problem is libraries: when you build a distrib you need to install
> > libraries while you go.
> >
> > I am also overbooked.
>
> Well, do these libraries need to get rebuilt each time? Or is this a
> one-shot deal? If so, if somebody sticks them somewhere (and I trust
> them), I could install them.....
>
> But that still means we need somebody either energetic or clueful with time
> on their hands.

When a library or its RPM changes it has to be rebuilt, but if the
changes are compatible the software depending on it (including other
libraries) does not need to be rebuilt.

Also the glibc requires over two hours on a K6 300 having enough RAM
to not need to swap.  Of course if your environment is correctly
installed then all you have to do is "rpm -ba glibc.spec", go shopping
and check the outcome when you return.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org