Re: Status reports.

On Sun, 28 Nov 1999, Donovan Rebbechi wrote:

> > > *	People to hunt down and test new software packages that we can add
> > > 	to the distribution
> >
> > I plan on doing that shortly with security related products.
>
> Cool. We also need a place to upload security related packages ( sorry, I
> can't remember if this issue was resolved ). I am running OpenBSD on a
> server, and have a few of my own ideas about packages we could add also.

How about creating the directory "security" on indy's web server:
belegost:/mirror/ftp/independence/security
for the current patches, and maybe a directory inside that called 'test'
for the software we are testing.

> I may be able to help make your ideas manifest in the form of RPM
> packages (-;

Cool. I don't know much about RPMs.

> > If this is the case, it could do with being made clear on the page. (It
> > may already be so, I've not checked since I signed up.)
>
> It looks clear enough to me. It says ...
> "If you are interested in contributing... " ( instructions to subscribe
> to the list )
>   ... " If you are interested in joining up, we recommend that you fill
> out this form ... "
>
> ie it doesn't look mandatory to me.

On the page "/develpoers/index.shtml" there is the wording:
"If you want to help in development then subscribe to the mailing list and
fill out the following form" (No full stop ;)

Perhaps it could be a link to the page with the details on:

Participating

If you want to help in development, then information on how to get
involved, as well as some tasks which currently need doing can be found
<A href="/developers/subscribing/">here</A>.

> > Also, since this is the only list (the only one I aware of, anyway ;) it
>
> It is. We have been more or less completely open from the beginning.

I currently think that's a good thing.

David
| David M. Webster '------------------------------' (aka cogNiTioN) |
|===| I use Linux everyday to up my productivity - so up yours! |===|
| <cognition@bigfoot.com> |-|===========|-| http://www.cognite.net/ |
`===========| I walk to the beat of a different drummer |==========='