Re: FAQ - revised ... again :)

> On Fri, 29 Oct 1999, you wrote:
> >Heck, while I'm at it, why don't I add the links to rh and deb :)
> >
> >This file is getting a lot of mileage ... It should really go online -
> >I'm working towards a pretty important deadline this week, so I can't
> >volunteer. Anyone else?
> >
> >Cheers,
> >
> >Pete
> >

> About links: do we need to draw our audience away from Indy? We are just
> presenting a simple fact that Indy is based on RH and some reasons why it was
> done. I don't know anything about Debian, Jean must think it is necessary to
> give a reason why Indy was not based on Debian. I don't know.

That was was more a developper's and potential developpers's FAQ.

Because Debian is the biggest and more known of the free distributions
we will have somme people telling us to base on them (it has
happenned).  In fact what I want is not only cut on this kind of
traffic but getting that an onlooker finds that working for Indy is
more useful to Linux than working for Debian.

Independence is supposed to be the distribution aimed at those people
who are being ignored (when I am angry I tell "treated like second
class users") by present distributions That is why the logo depicts a
riot.  And we have to suggest that Debian has been as uncaring as any
other distrib towards those users we try to care for wo we see no
special reason to give Debian a special treatment.  We also have to
succed in tyelling this diplomatically but Pete's text goes too far and
IMHO does what french call "drow,ning the fish".

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org