Re: report2@sidney.remcomp.fr

> However don't hold your breath for the uploading: I need to find
> either political asylum for uploadings or a kind soul willing to
> rebuild and uplooad (glibc and c++ 2.8 mandatory) or get the new
> phone rates.
I've got hold of a RedHat5.1 cd now, which means in the near future I
could move to glibc in order to start helping you with things like that..

Time to think about goals and priorities here.

Do you see the libc branch as really getting anywhere and becoming useful,
or do you suspect that it will be fading out sooner rather than later?

That's my main concern at this point, whether what I'll be doing now is
useful; I can stand it if earlier efforts turn out to be wasted so don't
be afraid to tell me the truth.

> Also I am asking myself if it is wise to keep certain software in the
> distrib: providing too many alternatives for the same task can be
> confusing, a web site allows more diversity than a distribution where
> when installing you look at hundreds of packages in a few minutes span.

I agree, too many alternatives coming up during an install are confusing
to the novice. They prefer simplicity over choice.

                              S. Lockwood
                         sjl@zorbas.ece.ucsb.edu
                    http://folletts.ece.ucsb.edu/~sjl