Re: [kidsgames] Story based games???

> > ...and yes, I'd use C++ too.  It's the right mix of expressive power
>
> It's the right mix between pointer nightmares and perl readability.
>

> Ha,ha, ... funny, C++ is the language of the newbies, those who
> doesn't know Python yet! Everyone who has tasted python can't
> stand C++ anymore.

Hmm, suggestions for C++ vs Python for a text parsing game. Why reinvent the
wheel? Take a look at Inform, and then use one of the available interpretesr
for the resulting inform code.  The parser is the main part of the language.
Handles objects well enough for this sort of game. Fairly easy to extend the
parser and the rest of the code also.

--
Alex
(Go easy on me, I'm a COBOL programmer in real life)

-