Re: [kidsgames] Story based games???

On Sun, 16 Apr 2000, you wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Apr 2000, Alex V Flinsch wrote:
> >
> > Hmm, suggestions for C++ vs Python for a text parsing game. Why reinvent the
> > wheel? Take a look at Inform, and then use one of the available interpretesr
> > for the resulting inform code.  The parser is the main part of the language.
> > Handles objects well enough for this sort of game. Fairly easy to extend the
> > parser and the rest of the code also.
> >
> URL's please? Looking for inform may be stupid in Yahoo, and the like

oops, should of put it in the first message.

http://www.gnelson.demon.co.uk/inform/index.html

lots of sample code at
ftp://ftp.gmd.de/if-archive/infocom/compilers/inform6/examples
ftp://ftp.gmd.de/if-archive/games/source/inform

Manuals at
ftp://ftp.gmd.de/if-archive/infocom/compilers/inform6/manuals

rpm's for the compiler most likely on your distro disk...

--
Alex
(Go easy on me, I'm a COBOL programmer in real life)

-