Re: [kidsgames] first_math

On Sat, 19 Feb 2000, Steve Baker wrote:

> > It seems that seul/edu is based on more "formal" educational ideas then
> > what kidsgames is based on, from what I know at this time.
>
> Hmmm - that's interesting.  I havn't subscribed to SEUL/edu - but I
> wonder
> if that's enough of a division to justify the existance of two groups?

I think it is.  Kidsgames is aimed at programs for the use of kids, whether
educational or entertainment or a combination of the two.  SEUL/edu is
aimed at programs for use in a scholastic environment (including home
schooling), which includes edutainment software to some extent but also
covers administrative software, collaborative environments, authoring tools
appropriate for teachers and students, pedagogical software like quizzers
and simulation environments, etc.  There's a clear divide here, and I think
the basis of it is that kidsgames is focussed on software for kids while
SEUL/edu is focussed on software for schools.

--
Doug Loss            There's no trick to being a humorist
dloss@suscom.net     when you have the whole government

-