Re: [kidsgames] Word database

Hi Steve,

On Sat, 19 Feb 2000, Steve Baker wrote:

-->Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 13:32:37 -0600
-->From: Steve Baker <sjbaker1@airmail.net>
-->To: kidsgames@smluc.org
-->Subject: Re: [kidsgames] Word database
-->
<snip>

Thank you for summarizing your recommendations ;)

-->Conclusions:
-->~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->
-->I would recommend:
-->
-->* WAV or AU for sounds.

I still like au better then wav based on size of file samples.

-->* PNG or MNG for pictures and 2D animations.

Seems like the standard now.

-->* VRML for 3D models and animations.

How "stable" is vrml, and where is the best place to start learning it,
is there a vrml.org?

-->* XML for the overall database structure.
-->

Same question as above.  I'm real shaky on what XML is and does for us, I
know seul-edu is working VERY hard on EDU-ML and I want us to use that as
much as is feasible, but as yet I really don't know much about either XML
or how EDU-ML relates to it.

--
Jeff Waddell
jeff@smluc.org