Re: [kidsgames] New release of Linux Letters and Numbers

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Kirk Ismay wrote:
> Lalo Martins has been maintaining the Debian package, and the last time
> I'd talked to him, he said he'd be working on a Debian package of the
> current release.
>
> Last time I checked, version 0.1.7 was available in the Potato
> distribution of Debian.  Of course, the latest is 0.1.9, and has most of
> the features that users have been asking for. (Like sound)

Yup ... i just meant that the best way to request an update to the
latest upstream is to file a bug.  That way, everyone knows that there's
a new upstream, and that there is an interest in having the Debian package
updated.  That is to say, a bug report can help the packager prioritize
updates of his packages, especially if he has many, by starting with the
ones which there is a demand for.  It's particularly helpful if you
mention in the bug-report that many features that users are asking for are
in the current release.  Now, with potato frozen, it won't make it into
potato, so we'll have to live with 0.1.7.  But woody will get the new
version as soon as Lalo has had a chance to package it.

Ben

-