Re: [kidsgames] Typing/Reading Tutors

Robert Black wrote:

> I guess I did jump the gun and did not even think about pre-existing
> programs. Maybe I should have just stated my observations that I was pretty
> intrigued that a 12 year old could be captivated by a typing speed test
> game. She was absolutly thrilled that she increased her speed and accuracy
> by 2 words a minute in two days. The other one that got her was a simple
> computer chess game. I guess this would fall under the heading of usability
> or behavioral observations. If this is outside the scope of the list let me
> know. Keep plugging!

Anything regarding games for kids is welcome on this list. Don't worry and just
send out the ideas ! What you think might be irrelevant could be picked up by
somebody else as a great idea !

I would like to mention that the people at SEUL/edu have started a dozen mailing
lists on different subject to promote educational software, such as math,
documentation, advocacy and also edutatinement. That particular list has for goal
to create some educational and entertaining programs.
Since we do not want to duplicate our efforts, maybe we might to think about
merging kidsgames into the SEUL list. What do people here think ?

Chris.

-
kidgames@smluc.org  -- To get off this list send "unsubscribe" in the
body of a message to majordomo@smluc.org