Re: [kidsgames] Generic adventure game engine

Manuel Gutierrez Algaba wrote:

> Right now, I'm not very free for discussion/programming, moreover
> I'm a bit upset with "Open Source movement", I'm the author
> of many projects interesting from a technical point of view but
> with a complete lack of support from anybody (see URL's below).

I don't understand your problem?

What are you lacking support *in*?

I don't see any URL's below that tell me why you have a problem.

> Educational soft is not very interesting for the average geek, or
> hacker or whatever they name themselves.

Most are too young to have kids - and therefore the 'self interest'
motive isn't there.

Also, it takes a year or two to do such a major project - and kids
grow up very fast.

You start of writing something for your 4 year old - by the time
you're done, they are six and will think four year-old's material
*far* too babyish for them.

The life-span of a typical 'edutainment' title in our house was
a week or two at most.  There is no *way* I'd spend a year or
two of my time to keep my kid amused for two weeks.

This edutainment stuff has to be commercial IMHO.

--
Steve Baker   HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>
              WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>

-