[kidsgames] Re: Light Princess

Thanks for the summary, I think you got my point!

To clarify  the background,
here is how all started:
Doug Loss wrote on the Seul-Edu ML (http://www.seul.org/edu/)

 >I haven't mentioned this before, but a bunch of MIT students have
 >become interested in developing a program based on the concept,
 >"Where in Hell is Carmen Sandiego?", where users would pursue
 >someone through various cultures' versions of the afterlife.
 >They're working on the concept at the moment, but there isn't a
 >game engine on Linux to handle it.  I'm hopeful that we can
 >develop a general enough engine to cover this sort of game, the
 >Oregon Trail sort of game, and possibly more.  I particularly
 >want it to be made so that the creation of data sets (different
 >games) is fairly easy for the non-programmer.
[snip]
there is a mailing list running for that project:
http://www.seul.org/archives/carmen/dev/

Doug, feel free to correct me

Terry, I think that to have two different "projects" running at the same time,
aka the Carmen clone and your adaptation of Light Princess is a good thing (TM)
since it will help to see the "generic" pattern of the adventures games.

Would you happen to have a link to the Light Princess story ??

--
  jm

-