Re: [kidsgames] The Light Princess project...

jm wrote:
> http://samhain.cc.huji.ac.il/agi/ seems interesting as an editor.
> AGI is the previous Sierra format (before SCI)

This looks like a nice environment, and there's even a Debian
package -- no compiling!  I like it.  I'll post when I get
some time to tinker with it.

Looking at the features list I see only one thing I really
have a problem with: "PC EGA Emulation" i.e. 320x200 x 16 colors.
Eeeeeewh!

It was nice 10 years ago, but I guess my standards have
risen with the industry.  I'd _like_ 800x600 x 24bit,
and would probably consider either 640x480 x 256 or
320x200 x 24bit to be the minimum really acceptable format.

But the "View Editor" is what I meant by a sprite animation
editing tool.

There's also the issue of the text-based control interface.
This has the potential to create a barrier for younger
players (and lazy adults, too :) ).

I had an idea about that, though.  Could you set up a
SCUMM-like input (multiple choice NVN sentence generator)
that would feed the AGI application the text it needs?

--
Terry Hancock
hancock@earthlink.net