Re: [kidsgames] Licenses (was: The Light Princess, webpage)

Florian Hars wrote:
> PS: According to a grep on my mail archive, until now nobody mentioned
> this list of game engines here:
>
> http://freshmeat.net/appindex/development/game%20sdk.html

Quick look impressions:

Sprite/32 package looks very interesting.  (supposedly it does
sprite-based graphics, but I'm not sure whether it presents
them or helps you to create them, or both). Documentation is
scarce, but I downloaded the tarball, so maybe I can figure
out what it is.  First part of Gnu GAMES project.

Allegro looks good too. It's listed as "freeware" which I usually
assume means closed-source, but in fact, it's open-source.  Basically,
their intent seems very similar to the GPL, but without the
legal trappings to enforce it.

However, Allegro is a library, not a game interpreter.  It's more
like a tool you could use to write the tool we need.

--
Terry Hancock
hancock@earthlink.net