Re: [kidsgames] BOUNCE kidsgames@smluc.org: Non-member submission from [DonnaParker <donnap@sta.adelphia.net>] (fwd)

Kidsgames Project Coordinator - Jeff Waddell wrote:

> Hi all, please see Donna's message below, she IS subscribed but not from
> the address she emailed it from, this closing of posts to subscribers only
> is generating too much extra work for me and prevent legitimate posters
> from getting through in a timely manner, if it doesn't abate soon, I'm
> going to open it back up and we will all just have to ignore the spams and
> vote with our delete buttons when they happen.  Sorry for the
> inconvenience I thought closing it would be best, but I'm beginning to
> rethink that....

All 9 or so mailing lists that I administer are closed to non-subscribers,
and it doesn't give me any problems at all.  I wonder if maybe you don't
have it set up right or something.

I think you have to regard the situation when someone legitimate posts
from an address that is not the one they subscribed from as THEIR PROBLEM,
not yours.

It shouldn't cost you any time to deal with that.

Do you have rejected mail go to your account or simply bounce back
to the sender.  I do the latter and it's no sweat.

--
Steve Baker                  http://web2.airmail.net/sjbaker1
sjbaker1@airmail.net (home)  http://www.woodsoup.org/~sbaker