Re: [kidsgames] Linux For Kids

Robert Hopcroft wrote:

> Chris,
> For your purposes at what age does one cease to be a kid. I'll see what I can
> come up with. I thought I would bring it to your attention that SEUL is in the
> process of creating a formal database for their software list so that educators
> can query it. I just put up the current state of the discussions at
> http://cran.mit.edu/~hopcroft/database.html. Any input is appreciated. You can
> keep to this list if you wish since I'm now subscribed I will see it.

I just looked at the page. Her are a few comments :

- I am only listing (on LFK) the categories where I currently have or will have
soon some titles available, as I can get more, I could add categories using the
same subject title as yours so we have consistency.

- As is already mentioned, you need a games categories, with some subcategories.

- Maybe you could have a way of querying the database both by age or by grade
level. That way a teacher can look for 2nd grade material, and a parent can look
for stuff for a 7 year old.

I signed up on the SEUL-edu list last week, just to read what's going on over
there.

Chris.

-
kidgames@smluc.org  -- To get off this list send "unsubscribe" in the