Re: [kidsgames] Fw: Re: KGB v.0.0.1

On Fri, 1 Oct 1999, Doug Loss wrote:

> Jeff and I have been corresponding off-list about this a bit due to my not
> getting my replies to the list.  Here's what I'm thinking about for a search for
> development candidates for KGB.

:)

> First, let's list all the features our ultimate engine would have, probably
> categorized as must have, ought to have, and would be nice to have.

Must have:
	ability to define match/sync pictures, sounds, and text.
	ability for game creator to simple make a few pre designed choices
		to have a PLAYABLE game within a few minutes to an hour.
	ability to quickly add content to the databases from which the
		games are pulling their content.
	ability to make a story outline that can then pull data from the
		database to complete it.
	ability to score actions so that statistics can be gathered on
		right/wrong, etc.
Ought to have:
	text to speech
	multiple players in the game

Nice to have:
	lot's of backing from corporations with lots of money ;)

I'm sure there is more this is just to get the ball rolling.

> Once we narrow the search down we can ask individual members of the list to
> take a more detailed look at one or another of the candidates and give us a feeling
> about how good a fit it would be to our needs.  How does that sound?

sounds good.

> If everyone agrees with this approach, let's brainstorm our KGB (Kids Game
> Builder, but I like the initials) feature set.

Didn't notice the initials before and I'm not sure I actually like them,
but oh well.....

Sincerely,

Jeff Waddell
jeff@smluc.org