RE: [kidsgames] Dorling Kindersley

Perhaps the answer is setting up a survey on the web site for software that
is already available and using the information collected to 'prove' the
need/want of good linux games.  I do agree that there is some good
educational software already available and that the only purpose of the
group should be to develope more.  I am certain that we have the ability
collectively to do a better job than any one commercial organization, but we
might even be able to get their help/money if they truly believe in
education.

															Brian

<http://www.seul.org/pub/howto/cpah.html>

It's due for an update when I finally get some more free time by
eliminating sleep from my daily schedule entirely.  Seriously, I have a
few changes to put into it in the next few weeks, but nothing major.  A
friend of mine (Roman Kirsanow, who has posted here before) tells me
that he thinks that the most potent persuader we could have for
commercial companies would be a comprehensive bit of market research
showing that there _is_ a significant market for Linux versions of
various products.  I haven't a clue on how to do that research, but I
think he's probably right.

-