Re: [kidsgames] Dorling Kindersley

robin.c.smith@bt.com wrote:

> I want to start putting pressure on Dorling Kindersley for them to port
> their eductational software to Linux.
[...]
> Any ideas how we can petition them and show that there is a demand for these
> products?

I wrote a mini-HOWTO a while ago about advocating ports of commercial
software.  You can find it here:

<http://www.seul.org/pub/howto/cpah.html>

It's due for an update when I finally get some more free time by
eliminating sleep from my daily schedule entirely.  Seriously, I have a
few changes to put into it in the next few weeks, but nothing major.  A
friend of mine (Roman Kirsanow, who has posted here before) tells me
that he thinks that the most potent persuader we could have for
commercial companies would be a comprehensive bit of market research
showing that there _is_ a significant market for Linux versions of
various products.  I haven't a clue on how to do that research, but I
think he's probably right.

-