Re: [Libevent-users] build problem: 'make' will try to configure again

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 1:13 AM, CheYi Lin <cheyi.lin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I got a autotools problem when building libevent 2.0.x.
>
> If I extract libevent tarball with 'tar xzmf' ignore the archive timestamp,
> the 'make' command will try to configure again.

[...]
> How to avoid this ? (modify/generate files into sources)

Hm.  My first thought would be "don't provide the "m" option to tar
then!"  But I guess you're probably doing that for a good reason.

My second thought would be to use "touch" to make the generated files
(configure, Makefile.in, etc) newer than their sources.

Anybody else have an idea?

yrs,
--
Nick