[Libevent-users] mysql client with libevent

Hi,
I was wondering if someone has managed it to adapt mysql client's C
API to work asynchronously ?
As far as I have checked, MySQL (5.6.2) uses libevent for server, but
not for the client. The only way to achieve sort of asynchronous
behaviour is to use pthreads and spawn one thread per connection to
the database in blocking mode. But truly event based mysql client not
yet exist, is this correct? If so, what would be the best solution for
fast MySQL query execution? (I use prepared statements)

Thanks in advance

Regards