Re: [Libevent-users] listen syscall and the backlog argument

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 1:12 AM, Ross Lagerwall <rosslagerwall@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In listener.c, there is some duplicated code related to listen() and the
> backlog argument.
>
> This code simplifies backlog handling by relying on the POSIX semantics
> of listen().

How sure are we that every platform with listen() actually implements
POSIX semantics here?  There have been some pretty shockingly
noncompliant implementations over the years, and with Windows all bets
are off.  Do all of these operating systems give the right behavior
for listen(fd, -1) and listen(fd, 0)?

yrs,
--
Nick