Re: [Libevent-users] Signalfd

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 11:59 AM, Ross Lagerwall
<rosslagerwall@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is the status of the signalfd branch? It seems like the main
> problem with the implementation is the use of sigprocmask whose behavior
> isn't specified in a multithreaded environment and from my testing,
> doesn't have the desired effect. Even using pthread_sigmask wouldn't
> help since it only blocks signals for the current thread.

Hi, Ross!  The discussion on this ticket should bring you up to speed.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3436038&group_id=50884&atid=461324

> Also, what is the reason that the default signal backend cannot have
> different event bases receiving different signals?

Largely for historical reasons: we didn't implement it that way at
first, and to date, it's not a feature that folks have asked for.

--
Nick