Re: [Libevent-users] BUG: libevent 1.4.14, wrong version info

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 2:10 PM, Niels Provos <provos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 7:29 AM, Nick Mathewson <nickm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Ugh, how annoying!  I think this warrants a 1.4.14b, if Niels agrees.
>> (1.4.14b should contain this fix, and nothing else.)
>
> Fine by me.

Okay, I've spent a while talking with people who seem to know what
they're talking about, and getting libtool versions explained to me
over and over until I think I might finally get it.  (Special thanks
to "vorlon" of the Debian project for answering my questions from a
packager's point of view.)

The correct version info for 1.4.14b should be 4:0:2, not 3:4:2 or
whatever fool thing I was saying before.

Niels, I've tagged a new "release-1.4.14b-stable"; it changes nothing
but the VERSION_INFO, the version number, and some explanatory
comments in Makefile.am.  Whenever you can get it uploaded, that would
rock.

yrs,
--
Nick