Re: [Libevent-users] ev_send_error() and friends

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 3:54 PM, Felix Nawothnig
<felix.nawothnig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-05-26 at 13:50 -0400, Nick Mathewson wrote:
>> > If you have no objections, feel free to apply it.
>> Done, with minor tweaking to make it C90-compliant.
>
> Great. Sorry about the C99 thing - why don't you add the appropriate
> compiler switch to the build system? Wouldn't have happened then. :-)

We have a lot more switches than that; just pass --enable-gcc-warnings
to configure when you build.

 [...]
> Agreed. What's the time-table for opening up a 2.1 branch? I'm just
> starting development - currently with my patch for all the error
> other people's contributions.

Probably some time in June, I hope, when the first 2.0.x-rc comes out.

 [...]
> On a side note - as I have been doing mostly proprietary work in the
> last few years... I really enjoy the F/OSS "bazaar style" development
> process again...

It's a pleasure to have you onboard. ;)

If you're looking for fun http exercises, btw, check out the
bugtracker entries on sourceforge for http-related bugs.  Niels is
supposed to be looking for those to see about fixing them as
appropriate before 2.0.x-rc can come out, but he's pretty busy these
days and I'm sure he'd be glad of any bugfixing time you can spare.

yrs,
--
Nick