Re: [Libevent-users] mysql client with libevent

> FWIW, the PostgreSQL C client API works non-blocking. It's quite well
> designed.

Thanks!
But ... I think it is over for me with SQL type databases. There is a
big movement going on on non-relational databases and I think it is
time to change.
I came across GT.M database. It was commercial but they released the
code under GPL a year ago, seems to be faster than Berkeley DB, here
are some "benchmarks":
http://libdb.wordpress.com/2011/01/31/revving-up-a-benchmark-from-626-to-74000-operations-per-second/
(the story is long, but from that link you can browse the whole
thread, basically BDB gives 74K operations when GT.M gives about 100K
operations per second, however they aren't running the tests on the
same hardware, so the results are useless.)
However I still think that hard coded queries in C with BDB could
outperform any engine with its own language (like MUMPS in the case of
GT.M)

Regards