Re: [Libevent-users] https support within libevent

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 6:11 PM, Graham Leggett <minfrin@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 30 Aug 2011, at 11:54 PM, Nick Mathewson wrote:
>
>> Folks have submitted patches, and I commented on the patches to
>> suggest revisions, and they never revised. I can try to look more
>> closely in the future.
>
> I did find this mentioned previously:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3036905&group_id=50884&atid=461324
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3036914&group_id=50884&atid=461324
>
> I have an existing server implementation that needs https in addition to
> http, so using a completely different implementation is quite a change for
> us.

Actually, those patches look pretty good to me.  They'll need some
cleanup and documentation (and see also
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3401054&group_id=50884&atid=461324
), but they look basically like what I thought would be the right
thing here.

I'll see if I can get on getting those into 2.1 some time this week.
Also, we should probably start planning a 2.1.x-alpha release
schedule: there are getting to be enough new little features and
improvements that people might want to start trying it out.

cheers,
--
Nick