New Site Betatest

Paul is stumbling from one big real-life problem into the next (right now
it's a broken HDD with important data on it), which has delayed this a bit,
but now it's finally time.

The new website is running rather nicely, it already contains much of the
content, and things seem to be fine with it. But before we let the entire
world mess with it, some "internal" beta testing would be beneficial
nevertheless.

So head over to http://sunsite.auc.dk/lgdc/nextgen/ and look around, play
with it and give us (i.e. me, as Paul is rather busy :( ) some feedback.

Some notes:

* The "resources" part is still a bit chaotic, as its category scheme is
way too coarse for the large number of entries. I'll add some more
categories as temporary fix tomorrow (Wed),  and there are already rather
detailed plans for a new category system.

* The entries of the old site's "tools" part are not entered yet (they
belong to the "resources" part). I plan to do that tomorrow as well, but
you're invited to add some of them as well (everyone can submit both
resource entries and news items). The more you add the less I have to do ;)

* If you want to get a (somehow) detailed picture of what's planned  in
terms of future features, have a look at
http://sunsite.auc.dk/lgdc/nextgen/TODO
That contains my personal notes - it's neither comprehensive nor is
everything listed in it guaranteed to be actually done. But it should give
you a good impression of how the future looks like (if we find the time...).

* Right now only my articles are present on the site. That's because the
code requires that article authors have a user account. This is a bit of a
hassle, but that way the site code can let authors update their articles
directly (via web form). So please, authors, create a user account and tell
me the username.

Um, yes. Some more mails from me will follow (there are several project
admin topics in my queue...)

	Christian
--
Christian Reiniger
Coordinator/Coder, PenguinPlay (http://sunsite.auc.dk/penguinplay/)

(A)bort (R)etry (P)retend this never happened ...