Re: New Site Betatest

Alexandre Courbot wrote:
>I've just tested it, it's really great. Php everywhere! ;) I've registered as
>gnurou.

Ok.

>About the article submission: How does it exactly work? Are there some rules for

(1) The author gives the article plus the included images to the article
maintainer (right now that's me)
(2) The maintainer submits them (only maintainers have permission to do
that, as the process isn't really straightforward yet...)
(3) The site code stores everything in the database (including the images)
(4) If everything is ok, the article appears on the site
(5) The author gets an "Article Maintenance" link in his userinfo box,
leading him to a page where he can directly edit all his articles.

For the articles that already exist on the old site, step (1) isn't needed,
as I already have all the data.

>the HTML formatting?

Paul prefers more HTML code that's adapted to the site's look, i.e. with
tags around all texts, but I'm submitting stuff with only basic formatting
now, as that makes it easier to change formatting dynamically later.
Perhaps we'll switch to some meta-formatting ("<font face='%fontface%'>")
later on and have the display code go over it with a proper regexp, but I
don't want to do this before we have some caching mechanism in place.

The short answer: Nothing too fancy, and optionally with the proper <font>
tags around all text - for now.

>I would like to put my 3 first parts plus the new 4th one
>online so they are available when the site re-opens.

I'll do that once I'm done with the workaround for the PHP4 bug preventing
multiple file uploads.
Most likely that will be later today. I'll notify you when the stuff is up.

	Christian
--
Christian Reiniger
Coordinator/Coder, PenguinPlay (http://sunsite.auc.dk/penguinplay/)

...10001000110101011010101101011110111010113...????