Re: Weird OpenGL/GLU problem

Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Erik wrote:
>
> > > Works perfect the first time, I get 50 fps. The second time I get 44, the
> > > third 40 and it settles at 38. (This is the weird behavoiur).

> > it's probably just the program getting settled in... once it's up and running,
> > does it maintain the same framerate, or continue to drop?
>
> It continues to drop.

One thing I could imagine that could cause this kind of thing would be a
really extreme memory leak.  As you consume more and more memory, the
program might be allocating more pages - and eventually swapping more
and more memory out to disk.

Another related thing could be some extreme form of memory fragmentation
where a memory allocation is taking longer and longer to find a suitable
free block.  That's unlikely with modern memory allocators though.

--
Steve Baker                  http://web2.airmail.net/sjbaker1
sjbaker1@airmail.net (home)  http://www.woodsoup.org/~sbaker