Re: LGDC news

Esben Haabendal Soerensen wrote:

> Hi
>
> What are the guidelines for which news to submit to lgdc ?
> I follow freshmeat closely and wouldn't mind submitting whatever it is
> that is wanted on lgdc.
>
> I guess you at least want any news about Linux Game SDK and the like,
> but what about news about new versions of Linux games ?
>
> Fx.  http://freshmeat.net/news/2000/04/17/955960773.html

Well, I think Happypenguin is a better place for keeping track
of new versions of games - but then HappyPenguin is temporarily
(we hope) homeless.

Since the 'D' in LGDC is for Developers - and developers are
mostly likely to be interested in new SDK's, I suggest we don't
clutter the news feed with gazillions of announcements about
new versions of Tetris.

I'd like to be keps abreast of OpenAL, OpenML, the OpenGL ABI
for Linux and stuff like that...more than enough to support
such a site I think.

--
Steve Baker                  http://web2.airmail.net/sjbaker1
sjbaker1@airmail.net (home)  http://www.woodsoup.org/~sbaker