Re: LGDC news

Steve Baker wrote:

>> I guess you at least want any news about Linux Game SDK and the like,
>> but what about news about new versions of Linux games ?

>Well, I think Happypenguin is a better place for keeping track
>of new versions of games - but then HappyPenguin is temporarily
>(we hope) homeless.
>
>Since the 'D' in LGDC is for Developers - and developers are
>mostly likely to be interested in new SDK's, I suggest we don't
>clutter the news feed with gazillions of announcements about
>new versions of Tetris.

Agreed. Generally. We do have a "Game Projects" category for news, mainly
because we planned for the "Game Project of the Month", "Games looking for
Developers" etc things.

What about this: We do accept game newsitems (the more important ones, not
the "my tetris clone now also can display blue blocks" type) as long as
happypenguin is down. After that we restrict it only to special ones, like
some game having good and well-documented AI code or an unconventional
concept or so.

With resource items it's a bit more difficult...

	Christian
--
Christian Reiniger
Coordinator/Coder, PenguinPlay (http://sunsite.auc.dk/penguinplay/)