Re: Make, make, make. . .

Keith Lucas wrote:

>> Its author bases the article on an example of a badly structured
>>directory hierarchy. It's true that in such a case (recursive) make has

>I thought the directory structure works very well. Solving the DAG
>failures by the means of "throwing all the files in >1 module in a
>common directory" doesn't really help the modularity.

If a file is used by >1 module, then it either belongs to one module's
interface or is part of some global infrastructure code. And as such it
should be in a place where it's easily accessible from every other module.

	Christian
--
Christian Reiniger
Coordinator/Coder, PenguinPlay (http://sunsite.auc.dk/penguinplay/)

I see no reason to stand here and be insulted. -Spock