Re: Business models

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 11:42:03AM -0700, Roger Ostrander wrote:
>   I second that - even a few online tutorials on how
> to use the above would be useful.  SDL's documentation
> project has some pretty good examples of how to do
> specific things (set the video mode, use the event
> loop, etc) but doesn't go into a lot of detail on how
> to put it all together.  For that, they have demos
> whose source you can read.  This works, but it's not
> the best way (for me, at least) to learn.
Well, its not really sdldoc's aim to teach people how to write games. If
you start getting into that then you don't know where to stop. SDL is
just an media layer API like ggi or svgalib, the documentation tells you
how to put something on the screen, play something through the speakers,
read something from the keyboard, etc. Anything else belongs in a games
programming book.

--
Martin