Re: [OT]Re: [Forward - t-l-engh@online.no: New game project: Civ clone]

On Thu, Aug 05, 1999 at 09:00:33AM -0400, Paul Tiseo wrote:
> Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through
> socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in connect-linuxgam.php3 on line 18
>
> Warning: 0 is not a MySQL link index in connect-linuxgam.php3 on line 39

Sounds like the server is plain down. Therefore the socket link (which is just
an integer really) doesn't link to a connection.

I will start working on the dbase on my home computer, that way this delay
isn't of any consequence to us. If it takes too long we could actually use
that database (I'll set up lgdc.capsi.cx ;-) although I prefer not to have
large bandwidth stuff through my cablemodem... 2Gb/month datatransfer limit.

Grtz, Rob
--
Rob Kaper | mail: cap@capsi.com + cap@capsi.net + cap@capsi.cx