Re: Call For Articles

Pierre Phaneuf <pp@ludusdesign.com> writes:

> Nice... I just thought of this: I did the right things for Quadra to be
> FHS 2.0 compliant already, this was simple, but the fact that the
> filenames are hardcoded in the game bothers me quite a bit. For example,
> relocatable packages are *very* cool, [...]

There is no other way to do this, if you have a look at question 1.14
in the Unix FAQ http://www.erlenstar.demon.co.uk/unix/faq_toc.html.
But you could of course override the hard coded path with one set by
an enviroment variable, an command line option or by an config file.

--
                                  http://dark.x.dtu.dk/~grumbel/pingus/ |
Ingo Ruhnke <grumbel@gmx.de>             http://home.pages.de/~grumbel/ |